MathGroup Archive 2006

Search the Archive

Beginner--Exporting formatted text files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63857] Beginner--Exporting formatted text files
  • From: msmcq2003 at yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:03:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I am trying to create a formatted text file for input into another program.  CSV or standard Table output will not work.  I need columns at specific places in the file and for them to be right-aligned.  The following prints to the screen the way I need it:

PaddedForm[
  TableForm[data1,
    TableAlignments -> Right,
    TableHeadings -> {None, {"Col. 1;", "Col. 2;", "
      Col. 3;", "Col. 4;", "Col. 5;"}}], {6, 2}]

I just can't figure out how to write it to a file so that this format is retained.  I tried Export and Write but I lose the formatting.  Please help before I become despondent and harm myself.

Thanks in advance,
Mcq

Link to the forum page for this post:
http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=7725#p7725