MathGroup Archive 2003

Search the Archive

Re-establish link to running Kernel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41456] Re-establish link to running Kernel
  • From: "Martin Manscher" <please.respond at in.newsgroup>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 07:57:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a long calculation running on a Mathematica 3.0.1 kernel. Today, the
frontend crashed, but the kernel kept running. Now, instead of annoying my
co-workers with loud swear words, killing the kernel (losing 60 CPU hrs)and
starting all over again, I was wondering whether it is possible to
re-establish the link to the kernel with a new frontend. Is this possible?

Martin Manscher