MathGroup Archive 2002

Search the Archive

HP LaserJet 3100, Windows XP and Mathematica 4.x

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37549] HP LaserJet 3100, Windows XP and Mathematica 4.x
  • From: Oliver Werther <oliver.werther at XXattbi.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 02:44:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

All,
since I started using Mathematica 4.2 on Windows XP I can no longer
print anything out of Mathematica 4.x on the HP Laserjet 3100.
The result is a fatal crash of Windows XP resulting in a blue screen and
reboot of windows. It is very! reproducable. Open any notebook, select
print, click OK and boom....

Has anbody observed this?

Thanks
Oliver

PS.: Yes I installed the latest printer driver and every other program
works just fine with XP and the HP LaserJet 3100.