MathGroup Archive 1999

Search the Archive

MathLink and Microsoft Visual C++ 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20802] MathLink and Microsoft Visual C++ 6
  • From: Dave Richardson <dhr at glue.umd.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:13:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I tried to follow the directions in the Mathematica 4.0 Help EXACTLY.

I cannot build the ADDTWO.EXE.

The problem lies in the mprep step.

When I tell the compiler to compile, it is not a problem.

When I hit build, The compiler does its thing, and the words
mprepping... appear (My description in the custom build tab), but mprep
does not run.

I then get errors because the linker cannot find all the files.

If I go to DOS/Command line, I can manually mprep.  This properly
generates the addtwotm.c file.

If I then go back to the Visual Studio environment, and tell the program
to build, it builds and links with no problem.

Is this a MathLink problem or Visual Studio?

Am I just being stupid and mising some kind of path setting?

Thanks for any help,

Dave!

--
Dave Richardson