What's New in Mathematica R&D?
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Download talk material:
This is a guided tour through the new features in the upcoming version of Mathematica.
We have made quite a bit of progress since Version 3, and some example areas include the following.
- Much faster and scaleable numerics whether dealing with large arrays of data or very
high precision numbers
- Simplification with general forms of assumptions including specifying domains of
variables, equations, and inequalities
Import/Export mechanism for importing and
exporting file formats such as for graphics, sound, data, and documents
- Many new special functions such as Struve and harmonic
numbers as well as support for generalized functions such as
- New programming constructs such as
- Improvements to user interface including unmatched bracket highlighting, cursor tracking,
and auto replacement
- New contexts for direct-access
Developer` functions and
Roger Germundsson is Director of Research and Development at Wolfram
Research, Inc. and is intimately involved in the design, documentation, and production of
Mathematica and application packages. His background is in mathematics, computer science,
and engineering with a Ph.D. in control theory from Linköping University and with several
additional years of study and research at Stanford University.